Middle School Advisory
The advisory program at The International School of Aruba begins with the promise that every young adolescent should feel secure and have at least one caring adult at school to act as mentor and advisor. The advisory program will give students opportunities for positive interactions with adults and peers. Our students will develop a sense of belonging, which is vital to a positive and caring school climate.
Research shows that successful advisory programs can:
- Improve student-teacher relationships
- Give students a feeling of more control over decisions
- Promote an atmosphere of equality and tolerance
- Improve the sharing of feelings among students in a more positive way.
- Reduce the amount and level of serious disciplinary issues
The curriculum for the advisory program consists of traditional advisory themes and activities.
Advisors will provide academic guidance, social and emotional growth opportunities, ongoing encouragement, and support.